Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kipped 1: How I released 12 books in 12 months

The question I am asked most often from both readers and writers is:  HOW did you do it?

My best and most simple answer for that:  with God all things are possible.  Most people believe there is something bigger than themselves out there and I would be foolish not to recognize the divine intervention I experienced; some of those experiences too sacred in nature to share.

Along with that inspiration, I was blessed to have a lot of support from family and friends.

Also, it took LOTS of hard work and painful stretching of my soul and brain.

Many claim hindsight is 20-20 but when you have a vision the size I had, I promise that you must keep your eye on the end result or you're going to stumble over the path when it gets hard and, people, it got hard!

At the beginning of my journey, when the way was still crystal-clear and my characters were still behaving themselves, I was wrapped in ignorant bliss of exactly how much it was going to take to release 12 books in 12 months.  My vision seemed to skip the part where I would be spending 12 and sometimes16 hours a day at my computer, typing, thinking, creating, and, oh, the tale-twister that kipped me:  EDIT. 

The simplified process goes like this:

1) Idea - make that a Mind-blowing, fantastic idea. 
2) Write
3) Edit
4) Rewrite
5) Edit
6)...repeat all 5 steps until the book(s) is/are done

Stay tuned for more of the insiders story.

2 comments:

  1. I just want to say that you're an inspiration to me. I dream of becoming an author someday, but I can never seem to get anything done. 12 books in 12 months is an amazing achievement, and I am sure God assisted you from the very beginning! Happy writing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Good luck to you in your writing aspirations!

    ReplyDelete